Sunday, March 4, 2007

Streamyx connection error 678 & 676

Yesterday my connection downed at around 3am. I was connected at that time and suddenly I can't access to any website, so I disconnected and tried to reconnect again, but I kept getting error 678 : the remote computer did not respond and error 676 : the phone line is busy. I tried to restart my modem and PC and replugged telephone line, but still can't get connected. ADSL light was stable and SNR margin was normal, but failed to connect, really strange...
Looks like it was Streamyx internal problem, I tried for half an hour and the problem still the same, only thing can do is waiting it to become normal again, TM helpline not 24hours operated. However when I woke up in the morning, I can connect as normal again...Streamyx........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who said you can't call the Streamyx Technical staff for assistance 24 hours a day? I always call them. It just depends whether is your call served to quick or slow.
If you just try to switch off your modem, I don't think it'll work. All you have to do, is switch the modem off for at least 15minutes and then try again. It should solve the problem.

Siang said...

I thought helpline only open from 8am to 12am as stated at their website and application form.
I did switched off my modem for few minutes. When I encounter connection problem I will always off my modem or unplug telephone line for few minutes before I try to connect again.